Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 2 Within the Dusk





Little paintings are perfect for offices and smaller places. This 8 x 10 beauty is a twin of a painting called “Within the Sunset”.  I remember painting them right before my solo show. I really had not painted in a while and I needed to warm up my painting arm, so to speak. What was really nice about this painting was that it rolled out of me so effortlessly, as if it was waiting on the canvas invisibly for someone to bring it to life. 

I stood back from it, so pleased. I was surprised that the color orange had been so strong. I remember writing about this earlier.  When I paint with a color, it is as if that color becomes my voice. It speaks volumes about the emotions pouring into the work. The orange felt so good. It was bold. It was vibrant. I had been living a more muted palette in my lifestyle since I had not painted for a while and concentrated on mothering for so many years.  It was as if the strength of colors within me were sitting waiting knowing I would be back, even if at times, I was unsure of it.  

Having this painting in your life will be a reminder of the strength you possess, even when you forget.  

Within the Dusk
8x10

No comments :