Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day Six Dios in Slumber

Holiday Online Studio Sale
Over the month of December I am hosting a Holiday Sale on several pieces of work. This is the sixth one.

Today we feature a work called Dios in Slumber. It is a work on an experimental type of canvas panel. I like this texture, it is rough and smooth at the same time. I think it adds to the piece.

The great power this painting shows is its sense of warmth. I remember that when I was painting it I felt like I was finding new ways to reveal intimate details about myself with broad movements of color. When the white came in like a cloud, and contained this mysterious eye, it was akin to that part within that is powerful, yet quiet. That which is a compliment to the whole self and not an overpowering force of just one aspect.

Dios in Slumber
Oil on Panel
8 x 10
Original Price $200.00
Holiday Price $125.00 Ends Jan. 2
Email info@liztuckwell.com

No comments :