Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 3 Chagall's Window Revisited


Holiday Online Studio Sale
Over the month of December I am hosting a Holiday Sale on several pieces of work. This is the third one.

This is a work on paper. I rarely work on paper because I am usually drawn to the canvas.  But what working on paper allows me to do is to create in a way that is even more introspective.  It is as if the whole world has been reduced to a small island consisting only of myself, my workspace, my paints and my brushes. This work was initially done with pen, then layered with watercolors, acrylics and iridescent highlights. I really love the circles. I love the glow of the colors that are highlighted.



This painting is reminiscent of a painted I created many years ago, "Chagalls' Window". That painting, while on canvas, was a lovely homage to the inspiring work of Marc Chagall's  Windows.  I love Chagall’s blues and his windows in Chicago. So lucky to have had his work be part of my visual background. Thank you Art Institute!   



One thing I love about this piece is the movement. You can literally travel this painting and enjoy every part along the journey.





Elements of the work become amazing features that could work on their own.


I was really pleased with this work but, because it was unlike my other work, I never showed it.  When I was editing the work for the online sale, I felt this would be a great opportunity to share something I hadn’t before.  It is always fun to peek into the private collection of an artist.  I hope you agree.  

Questions or comments about the work are always welcome!
 
Chagall's Window Revisited

Work on Paper
8x10
Original Price $200.00
Holiday Price $100.00 (ends Jan 2.)
Includes domestic shipping.
Email: info@liztuckwell.com

You may pay via Check, Credit Card OR Paypal.





No comments :