Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 11 Rise of the Iceberg

What a funny name for a painting? But honestly, when I look at it, I see this almost forgotten desert of ice. It seems so cold and lifeless. Yet, in the center of it all, rises this larger-than-life iceberg. It is different than all the others; standing boldly and proud. Don't assume all ice is cold because this one is made of gold. Reminds me of something I once read, "Amazing awaits where you least expect it." That is the essence of this painting.

Rise of the Iceberg
4 x 4
Inquire for Purchase 

www.liztuckwell.com
Inspired Art Sessions:
create.liztuckwell.com

info@liztuckwell.com

1 comment :

Susan Michael Barrett said...

Liz, this is a morning gift to me. I'm so glad I clicked on your link. Your work is Rothkoish in that I just want to sit before it, be and feel.

I'm fascinated with icebergs (I even saw one calve), their majesty and presence. I want to be solid like that when difficulty comes my way.