Friday, July 25, 2014

River's Islands - Future Untold

I completed this painting only moments ago. Yes, it is still so wet that as I write, the paint from my hands stains my keyboard. Oh well, wouldn' be the first time.  As I was painting, I was reminded of trust. For me sometimes painting is the ultimate trust fall. The painting was once covered in a dark green and maroon. Then I was compelled to overlay it with a deep magenta, then yellow ochre, white, then deep blue and finally when I was about to sign it and call it a day - tourquoise said, hey don't forget about me. I was so sure the painting was complete and I could not imagine how the tourquoise was going to fit onto the painting at all. But for me, I am guided by a feeling, or a series of feelings, when I paint. I have to trust them because they know the colors better than I do...And yes, tourquoise was the finishing touch. There was such a depth created by laying that final color on, it almost became erie.   I am so enamored by this painting, I could just hug it! Although, at this stage of the drying process, that would be a total disaster for my clothes.

Enjoy this painting and let it remind you that your feelings are your compass too.  It will be posted on my available paintings area within a couple of days.

River's Island - Future Untold
Oil on Canvas
16 x 20
www.liztuckwell.com
info@liztuckwell.com

No comments :