Thursday, February 6, 2014

Me Time

I paint today and I almost want to bow down and cry and say behold! Every brushstroke; every color; the blending of the colors - it all mesmerizes me. I'm lead into this hypnotic trance simply painting and painting. At times I feel  the painting is painting itself through me. Outside the sun casts a glow over countless snow mountains and inside there is only the sound of Dead can Dance playing in the background and the hum of a radiator working overtime.  I have two hours (two hours!!) and I feel I can squeeze eternity into 120 minutes like a determined traveler packs a suitcase. Sheer will. These deeply rich hours become a holy space, a sacred space and a sanctuary of me time. (Yes!)

www.liztuckwell.com
info@liztuckwell.com

Studio Open House 15 February
4 - 7 pm
Noyes Cultural Arts Center

xo

No comments :